It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:46 am 

I'm Hans, I'm 17, and I've been very interested into voxel programming for a year and a half now, I've been looking for a good Voxel Engine, and it looks like PolyVox will be my choice.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:47 pm 

Hi, guys. I am PeterSvP. Long story short, to stalk me just google this username. You will end up in YouTube, Facebook, game development sites, even Wikipedia.

Making a voxel game with smooth terrain, mininng, digging, crafting, building and following quests is the reason for seeing me here.

Software crafting... oh, software & game development... (that gamer's languiage, eh...) is my hobby, spare time, professional life and.... well, I love waking around with friends and enjoying the scenery and nature. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:29 pm 

Hi, my name is Jonathan. I'm a senior at the University of New Hampshire, and am about a semester away from getting my four-year degree. In the past I've contributed to the KDE project via maintenance (and also the creation of) the Muon Package Manager.

I like to know how things work, and having cursed Minecraft's ...technical shortfalls... plenty of times, I decided to try to "make my own" to justify my (cowardly anonymous and private) whining about Notch. The guy's a genius, of course, seeing as he's able to crank out ray tracing implementations from memory in less than an hour (something I'll probably never be able to do), but I feel that sometimes proper system architecture is sometimes the harder job.

As for my project, things are coming along. I have infinite terrain generation/paging implemented, and some rudimentary rendering code using OGRE. Texturing isn't quite working, though; still fighting those texture coords in the shader. :/ At this point my engine is pretty much a blank slate, and the code is decoupled enough that you could easily write both a Minecraft server and client, or a different game entirely. I have no desire to chase the coattails of the Minecraft network protocol each Minecraft release (especially since its use of TCP is one of its questionable design decisions in my view), so if this project ever goes anywhere, I expect it to become its own game in the Minecraft genre.

So anyways, that's who I am and what I'm doing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:37 am 

Hi !

My name is Jake Casper I've been in game development for 15 years off and on ...

I started out when I was 10....

But I have low patience ...

I 'm more of a binger!

if you want to check out some of my old work exspecially my attempt at my own voxel engine...
http://thisismyinbox007.wixsite.com/indiegangster/gallery

And thank you for in advance.... check out boxil you cant! hah I cant I spent 3 months learning and developing I wish this was here... it renders 2x as fast...

HI

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:28 am 

Hello! Glad to see the forums are back up and running again!

Thanks for all the work that went into making PolyVox!

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10