It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: C# bindings
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:59 pm 

I have been trying to make C# bindings last 2 days and it just keeps making more errors every time I fix one.

I would be really thankfull if someone who succeded with this could provide me binaries for Visual Studio 2010 of both polyvox core and util.

---

Currently I'm trying to follow this: http://tepidpond.com/polyvox-for-csharp/

But cmake doesn't find swig nor python even though I have added them to system path.

---

As last resort I've put everything into folder where I call cmake from and enabled bindings build. It still can't find python, but it makes all the solutions.

All of them build, but PolyVoxCoreCSharp.

It says it can't locate these files:

Code:
Error   1   error : Unable to find 'PolyVoxCore\Impl\CompilerCapabilities.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\PolyVoxCore.i   4   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   2   error : Unable to find 'Impl\TypeDef.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\PolyVoxCore.i   5   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   3   error : Unable to find 'Vector.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\Vector.i   7   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   4   error : Unable to find 'DefaultMarchingCubesController.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\DefaultMarchingCubesController.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   5   error : Unable to find 'Region.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\Region.i   16   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   6   error : Unable to find 'Block.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\Block.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   7   error : Unable to find 'CompressedBlock.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\CompressedBlock.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   8   error : Unable to find 'UncompressedBlock.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\UncompressedBlock.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   9   error : Unable to find 'BlockCompressor.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\BlockCompressor.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   10   error : Unable to find 'Pager.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\Pager.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   11   error : Unable to find 'FilePager.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\FilePager.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   12   error : Unable to find 'MinizBlockCompressor.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\MinizBlockCompressor.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   13   error : Unable to find 'RLEBlockCompressor.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\RLEBlockCompressor.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   14   error : Unable to find 'BaseVolume.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\BaseVolume.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   15   error : Unable to find 'SimpleVolume.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\SimpleVolume.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   16   error : Unable to find 'RawVolume.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\RawVolume.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   17   error : Unable to find 'LargeVolume.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\LargeVolume.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   18   error : Unable to find 'Impl\TypeDef.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\VertexTypes.i   8   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   19   error : Unable to find 'Vector.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\VertexTypes.i   9   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   20   error : Unable to find 'VertexTypes.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\VertexTypes.i   10   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   21   error : Unable to find 'Region.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\SurfaceMesh.i   8   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   22   error : Unable to find 'VertexTypes.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\SurfaceMesh.i   9   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   23   error : Unable to find 'SurfaceMesh.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\SurfaceMesh.i   10   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   24   error : Unable to find 'MarchingCubesSurfaceExtractor.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\MarchingCubesSurfaceExtractor.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   25   error : Unable to find 'CubicSurfaceExtractor.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\CubicSurfaceExtractor.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   26   error : Unable to find 'CubicSurfaceExtractorWithNormals.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\CubicSurfaceExtractorWithNormals.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   27   error : Unable to find 'Raycast.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\Raycast.i   52   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp
Error   28   error : Unable to find 'Picking.h'   C:\volumesoffun\library\bindings\Picking.i   6   1   PolyVoxCoreCSharp

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: C# bindings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:07 pm 
Developer

I'm not sure I can help much here - unfortunately we don't use the bindings ourselves so I'm a little hazy on the process and how well they work. I know that at least the Python ones build on Linux (we have a nightly test) but I'm not sure about the status of C# on Windows.

Reading the instructions you linked it seems that you have to install Python in order to build the C# bindings... that seems a little strange but it may be because Python also powers our documentation generator.

Are you running CMake from the command line or through the GUI? If you use the GUI then when it doesn't find something you can just specify the path yourself.

The error messages you list are all missing header files, so I guess the path to these has not been set up correctly by CMake when it generated the solutions. I don't know why this would happen. You may be able to fix it by editing the include paths in project properties, but I also suspect those will just get overridden as I believe CMake is run each time a build is performed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:24 pm 

I think they are being overriden since nothing changed. There were no references to any sources/includes in project properties.

I have tried with cmake-gui now, but even when I give it path to python it still says it is not found.
I'm using python 3.3

It creates C++ libs without any issue and after moving around some folders I managed to make PolyVoxCoreActualCSharp.dll, but still can't figure out what to do with PolyVoxCoreCSharp

2 more weeks and I'll make it... :lol:

---
Quote:
I know that at least the Python ones build on Linux (we have a nightly test)

Do you use IronPython in these? As long as they are managed dll's I should be able to use them with C#

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:16 pm 
Developer

Neomex wrote:
Do you use IronPython in these? As long as they are managed dll's I should be able to use them with C#

No, I'm afraid not. The Python bindings on Linux are tested using the standard Python distribution. I don't know what would be needed to make IronPython work.

Offline Profile