It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Translator english -> french
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 am 

ok, my english ins't the best... but I can easily translate from english to french... if you are interested, I do it for free (but you can also pay me with beers) and you will be free to do whatever you want.. I can do the translation in few minutes/hours/maybe a weekend (I guess it's not a RPG game) my university is on strike, and I don't have any gf... drought!... no sex :shock: :o means a lot of time to kill...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Translator english -> french
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 am 
Developer

Thanks for the offer, but there are a few limitations of Voxeliens which will make translation difficult.

• Firstly all strings are hardcoded into the executable. Obviously this is a classic mistake, but it was the quickest way to get started and it is difficult to fix now.
  • There are limiations on the length of each string. For example, the word 'SCORE' is five characters, and if the translation was not the same length then this would cause issues with spacing and positioning.
  • The 3D text system is pretty basic and does not support accents. If we do something like this again we may use FreeType to generate the bitmaps from input strings, which would then allow full unicode support as well as bold, italic, etc. It could be pretty cool but we don't have that capability at the moment.

Thanks anyway, but we will try to take these points on board when developing our next game so that hopefully it can be translated more easily.

Offline Profile