It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Build questions
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:56 pm 

David Williams wrote:
Writing a game engine is a massive undertaking,

I can imagine. It just looks like you have several years put into it. It must be a tough choice to consider abandonment.

Quote:
Actually where did you find out about it? I thought we'd removed most of the links.

You did for the most part. I found reference to it when I started looking around at engines and seen that it was mostly depreciated, but since you mentioned it here, I thought I would grab it from GIT. In the very least I get more exposure working with the different environments, and attempting to troubleshoot compile and build problems. I hope you don't mind. If you prefer, I'll leave it be.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Build questions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 am 
Developer

edacsac wrote:
It just looks like you have several years put into it. It must be a tough choice to consider abandonment.

In some ways... but on the other hand most of the interesting stuff has already been pulled out into PolyVox. Any useful remaining code in Thermite (e.g. linking PolyVox to Ogre) can still be copied and adapted for whichever engine we use next. I still have all the experience and knowledge from developing Thermite so in that sense it will still be beneficial in the future.

edacsac wrote:
In the very least I get more exposure working with the different environments, and attempting to troubleshoot compile and build problems. I hope you don't mind. If you prefer, I'll leave it be.

I don't mind if you play with it as long as you don't have too high expectations. I just don't want to have to support it.

Offline Profile