It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: unable to apply desired setting
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:38 pm 

after some change i had success build the thermite.

the setting dialog , window mode list is empty , i confuse about what setting i should do .

but when i exec the thermite , i got the dialog
wraning
unable to apply desired settings to the window please consult the system log for details .

any hints to help me ?

System Log is

Code:
09:34:46 pm -  Debug test
 09:34:46 pm -  Warning test
 09:34:46 pm -  Critical test
 09:34:46 pm -  Failed to import Qt bindings! Plugins directory searched: I:/Engine/WorldSimulator/Qt/4.6.3/plugins, J:/Build/Thermite/Debug/script Make sure that the bindings have been built, and that this executable and the plugins are using compatible Qt libraries.
 09:34:46 pm -  Registering "include(path)"
 09:34:54 pm -  Failed to set main window resolution. The list of resolutions was:
 09:34:54 pm -  The requested index was: "-1"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: unable to apply desired setting
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:47 pm 
Developer

Hi, that message is simply a warning - Thermite should run anyway. What happens when you close the warning dialog? You should simply get a window with a black screen. In this case Thermite is probably running correctly. If it crashes instead then it would be useful to see all the logs which are created.

However, Thermite is probably far too unfinished to be useful to you... there is no way to make a game with it yet. It is missing too many components such as sound, physics, networking, etc. There's also no documentation or examples... so far I have just been using it to make technology demos like the castle and the terrain editor.

If you are interested in making a game built from voxels then you should probably use PolyVox instead of Thermite3D. PolyVox is a much simpler library which you can integrate with you own game engine, and that is what most people on this forum are doing. It's is also much more finished and usable.

What kind of software are you trying to make?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:42 am 

thanks for you reply.

whatever i select the opengl or dirextx , the window mode list is empty.
yes i can continue , but i got the error dialog quick , then the therimite crush . i can't see any render image.

i wan to developer a destructive world of game. in the world , i can define the object can destructive or not in my scene config files. i can define the object destructive type , such as wood, glass,chinese,etc. i hadn't experience in it , so i want to see any other code about it.

it's a same part of you editor . so i can't study it from you experience.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:13 am 
Developer

yaxinhoo wrote:
whatever i select the opengl or dirextx , the window mode list is empty.

That's ok, it is the same for me. I just haven't got things set up properly yet. But you do need to choose a render system (try both of them) even though you can't select a resolution.
yaxinhoo wrote:
yes i can continue , but i got the error dialog quick , then the therimite crush . i can't see any render image.

As it is crashing you should have a look in your Ogre.html file in the logs directory.

But even if you get it all working, you will just see a black screen. The various demos (castle, terrain editor, etc) are not in Thermite any more. Each demo was in Thermite for just a short time wihle I was testing that feature.
yaxinhoo wrote:
i wan to developer a destructive world of game. in the world , i can define the object can destructive or not in my scene config files. i can define the object destructive type , such as wood, glass,chinese,etc. i hadn't experience in it , so i want to see any other code about it.

it's a same part of you editor . so i can't study it from you experience.

Ok, great, you can definitely stuty the code. And the PolyVox library can be very useful in crating the kind of game you describe.

Offline Profile