It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Unable to complie in VSE 13 - Access Denied Error
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:08 pm 

I've tried everything I can think of the account I'm using should have full administrative privileges, I've tried different directories, and I bought windows 8.1 from 7 just to see if re-installing would improve some estranged permissions issue, but to no avail.

I've tried enabling suggested options from Microsoft's website, but still nothing.

Has anyone had this issue before?

I'm at my wits end, out $75 and 4 hours now :(.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Unable to complie in VSE 13 - Access Denied Error
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:57 pm 
Developer

I think I need a few more details about what you are doing. Firstly you've posted this on the PolyVox forum, so I assume your problems are in someway specific to PolyVox? Are you able to build and run other non-PolyVox projects?

PolyVox uses CMake as the build system for the tests and examples, so are you able to use CMake to generate the Visual Studio solution files? Does CMake give any warnings or errors that you are aware of? Have you ever built other projects successfully with CMake?

If other non-PolyVox projects build successfully and CMake appears to work without errors then I'm not sure what the problem could be. Which version of PolyVox are you using?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:03 pm 

I'm trying to compile polyvox. cmake runs successfully without error. In VSE after building succsuccessfully debug errors out with the titled error. There are no other error messages.

Other cmake intiated and non-polyvox projects work fine.

I'm using the latest stable version of polyvox available for download.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:01 am 
Developer

phatmandrake wrote:
...after building succsuccessfully...

Ah, so it has already built something by this point? Has it generated any .dll or .exe files?

CMake generates a number of build targets in the Visual Studio solution. For example, there is the core library (PolyVoxCore), the examples, (BasicExample, etc), and the CMake targets such as INSTALL, RUN_TESTS, etc. You can rebuild them individually but right clicking on them an selecting 'Rebuild'. Are they all giving the error you state, or only some of them?

I suspect it might be one of the built-in CMake targets which is giving the errors, for example I can imagine 'INSTALL' might need certain permissions. Actually I never use these - I don't install but instead just point my other projects to where I have built PolyVox.

Otherwise, perhaps you can copy-and-paste the full output of doing 'Build->Rebuild Solution' so I can see how far it is really getting?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:21 pm 

I believe i also have this error. I also did #include <algorithm> in region.cpp

Screenshot: http://puu.sh/cTdJg/618da88df9.png

Thanks, Justin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:38 pm 
Developer

It looks like you are trying to run the 'ALL_BUILD' target, which is not an executable. You need to set the start-up project to one of the example projects instead. You can do this by clicking on (for example) the OpenGLExample project and selecting 'Set as StartUp Project'. The when you run it should execute this project.

Offline Profile