It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Does it look like anything is happening?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:41 pm 
Developer

Looking good!
Shanee wrote:
I need to look into it, it is a bit complicated right now considering that everything is represented as an entity. I will see :)

Sure, I'm just saying it's something you might want to think about in the future. Physics has different constraints to graphics so if you do investigate it I'll be interested to know what you find.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:40 am 

Probably going to have some time to look into it now soon. MLE as an Engine is finally near "done" state!

I am not going to say that the engine is really finished, but it will be finished enough to start working on the game itself, finally. :) More work and improvements on MLE will be on the side soon and game will finally become the first priority. I must say that I am quite very happy with the state of MLE as it is, although I probably do need to see how I might be able to increase support for somewhat older computers too, other than that, that's it.

My TODO list:
1. Introduce Geometry Instancing back to MLE (was gone with the SceneGraph implementation).
2. Introduce further integration of Lua Scripts, into games events, etc.
3. Finish what I started on 3D Sound.
4. A tiny bit more general Physics code, as well as looking into that performance issue (therefore probably makes PolyVox physics representation a bit smaller. One thing for the future, look into Havok Animation and Havok for character beyond just the current Rigid Bodies support (but not for right now)

Then I need to rebuild the world editor and the game itself, on that time is probably when I will look sometime on the side kinda, for increased support for older computers and general physics-related issues. :)

Of course I can always expect myself to add some more post processing and special effects and optimization on the go, it's just finally not going to be the very first priority. Two things I can think of off hand that could use adding/improving:
1. I never really fixed the clouds issue looking as if they just suddenly "end" at one point, will look into it.
2. Water, even just simple water for start, no reflections, perhaps a version with just scrolling bump maps, another one with displacement map as well.. Reflections can come later in the future.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:56 pm 

MLE Presentation :) Showing off Deferred Shading, special effects, post processing and physics.

http://youtu.be/sZxdN_15i2k?hd=1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:50 pm 
Developer

Wow, the physics objects interacting with the terrain (from about 2:30 minutes in) are particularly cool :)

Offline Profile