It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Having trouble building polyvox
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:36 pm 

Hey, I was just wondering what the command is to disable build testing was, I tried what it said in the included install.text but it did not work,nor does the command to change the destination path. Any help would be great! :)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Having trouble building polyvox
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 am 
Developer

I assume you're using the recommended version from December 2011? Actually I think it did have some problems in this regard. I know Matt has done a lot of work on the CMake scripts recently and the version in Git seems OK for me. I suggest you try this latest version and set the ENABLE_TESTS flag to false.

If this doesn't help then also provide the output from CMake.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:36 pm 

Well, I went into CMakeLists and manually set the enable tests flag to off like this

Code:
OPTION(ENABLE_TESTS "Should the tests be built" OFF)

It did say on. Was that right? Or do I need to do it with the command? If so, what is the command? Because it still does not work. Here's the output from the console:

Code:
C:\Users\John\Desktop\Polyvox>Cmake ..
-- Could NOT find Doxygen (missing: DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find Qt4 (missing: QT_WMAKE_EXECUTABLE etc etc)
Qt QTOPENGL library not found.
Qt QTGUI library not found.
Qt QTTEST library not found.
Qt QTCORE library not found.
-- Could NOT find SWIG (missing: SWIG_EXECUTABLE SWIG_DIR)
-- Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing: PYTHON_LIBRARIES PYTHON_INCLUDE DIRS)
-- QtTest not found.  Either install it or disable tests by setting ENABLE_TESTS to Off
CMake Error at tests/CMakeLists.txt:29 (QT4_WRAP_CPP):
  Unknown CMake command "QT4_WRAP_CPP".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  tests/CmakeLists.txt:61 (CREATE_TEST)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Thanks for your help, I am a major newb when it comes to this stuff :oops:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:39 pm 

To configure polyvox I use ccmake (Note the extra c), it's a more visual way of changing settings, try using that to configure polyvox instead? Also make sure your cmake version isn't too old.

Code:
$cmake --version
cmake version 2.8.7

To use ccmake
Code:
...polyvox/build$ ccmake ../ ./

You can also use $git status to check if you accidently made changes to polyvox which is preventing it to build. If there is use
Code:
$git checkout -- .
to revert such changes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:15 am 

Well, I tried
Code:
$cmake --version
in the console and it doesnt work! I have v2.8.9 installed and it says that "'$cmake' is not recognized as an internal or external etc etc"

One thing I noticed was that when I went to programs and features to see what version of cmake I had installed, there were two versions there, 2.8.6 and 2.8.9. I uninstalled one and tried to uninstall the second but it would not let me. I then reinstalled 2.8.9. Could that be a part of the problem?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:29 am 

You shouldn't enter the command with the $. Also the instruction I gave assumed you used linux, didn't realize you used windows. There is a graphical cmake for windows, try using that instead of the command line. I don't have a lot of experience of using cmake so I'm just guessing here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:35 pm 
Developer

We do need to know what version of PolyVox you are using here. In particular you should try the latest version from Git master. If you don't have Git installed then you can still download a .tar.gz using the link on the right-hand side of this page: https://www.gitorious.org/polyvox/polyv ... its/master

StenrReisa wrote:
Well, I went into CMakeLists and manually set the enable tests flag to off like this

Code:
OPTION(ENABLE_TESTS "Should the tests be built" OFF)

It did say on. Was that right? Or do I need to do it with the command? If so, what is the command?

You shouldn't edit the CMakeLists.txt directly but instead you should specify a flag on the command line when you call cmake. Actually I don't know the syntax for this because I use the GUI instead.

As Freakazo said, there is a GUI available for Windows. Have a read here for instructions: http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/runningcmake.html

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:34 pm 

Sorry, my fault for not mentioning I am on windows. The GUI I think will work out, just one thing I am not sure of, how do you set cmake_c_compiler and cmake_cxx_compiler? I use Visual Studio 10 (the free one). I know you add an entry for each one (or at least think thats what you do) I am just unsure of the filepath.

I am also using the latest GIT download, got it after I installed GIT.

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it. Its wierd because I actually built polyvox months ago and didnt have any problems, unfortunately i lost track of it so now i need to rebuild :lol: I used the commmand line to build it back then because it was when the GUI was bugged and would not work with polyvox for some reason.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 pm 

OK guys thanks a ton for all your help ! :D Figured it out had to delete the cache to pick a new compiler. Thanks again!

Offline Profile