It is currently Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: New website and domain
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:28 pm 
Developer

Thanks guys. I've made the background darker (you can now see the voxels more clearly too) and have started adding some colour to the forums. I'll think I'll also try to put clearer seperation between the auther details on the left and the actual post contents.

Also, the new Twitter feed is now active: http://twitter.com/#!/VolumesOfFun

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:53 pm 
Developer

It's looking much better now. I was going to suggest adding a bit of blue since it's already in the title image. I've just added a little bit of padding around the forum (between the contents and the main voxel background) as well. I think the black buttons ('New Topic', 'Post Reply', '>>Profile' etc) are a bit too contrasting but that's not anything that needs fixing immediately.

Personally I prefer the phpBB3 based styles with the author information box on the right-hand side (like on the OGRE forums) but I guess it depends on which style you have to work with.

I'll see about making the documentation pages (manual, API and wiki) match a little better as well. Probably it will just be a case of matching the colours a bit better.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:40 pm 
Developer

milliams wrote:
I'll see about making the documentation pages (manual, API and wiki) match a little better as well. Probably it will just be a case of matching the colours a bit better.

Sounds good - I think it will be easier to match up to the new site than it was with the old one. White/blue/grey are much more common default colours than red/black so there should be less tweaking involved.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:54 pm 

Congrats to your new site, looks quite good and i like the brighter style over the dark "you are in this dungeon to die" stuff of the thermite page ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:59 am 
Developer

floAr wrote:
Congrats to your new site, looks quite good and i like the brighter style over the dark "you are in this dungeon to die" stuff of the thermite page ;)

Thanks, I'm still no web designer but I'm quite pleased with the way it has turned out.

@milliams - I see you updated the API documentation style. Thanks, I uploaded a new version here

Offline Profile